EAT

EAT

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Something crazy sounding... Oat Prune Banana Bread.

I've been trying to jump on the prune bandwagon, so I picked up some prune juice. It is an unusual taste to say the least. So unusual in fact that I can't drink it, but I can try out a recipe with the purple devil brew. It's a prune bread that I changed around a little to make it more appealing by adding bananas and oats. A very healthy choice still though. PRUNE BREAD!


Oat Prune Banana Bread

2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup prune juice
2/3 cup rice milk
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 bananas
1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoon earth balance "butter"
1/2 cup nuts

Soak oats in prune juice and rice milk. Sift the flour with the salt, baking soda and egg replacer. Add to oat mixture. Now add the nuts, agave nectar, softened "butter" and chopped up bananas. Mix and bake in a greased loaf pan in a 325 degree oven for an hour and 20 minutes. I also soaked 1 extra cup of oats in prune juice and 1 tablespoon of agave nectar for a topping that I added to the top of the loaf 30 minutes into baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment