EAT

EAT

Monday, September 13, 2010

Top Chef...Fried Banana Fritter with Red Chili Paste.

I love Top Chef and last week Ed made banana fritters that looked so good I had to make them. This is the recipe that called for chili paste, and I used the rest of my bananas on. When I tried the chili paste out last night for the first time, it got me hooked on it. This recipe was so easy and tasted as great as I thought it would. Be careful though the chili paste is super spicy. This recipe also called for beer which I don't drink or use so I replaced it with root beer. Their on a stick too, YES!


Fried Banana Fritter With Red Chili Paste 

3 large bananas, sliced and brushed with red chili paste
12 teaspoons of red chili paste

Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of sugar


Fritter Batter
1/2 teaspoon of each toasted black and white sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups flour AP
2 teaspoons of egg replacer
1 can of root beer

3 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon of agave nectar


Peel and cut the bananas into 1/2 inch slices. Brush them with the chili paste, add a stick to each banana slice and place them in the freezer until super chilled. For fritter batter, mix root beer and all dry ingredients. Once the bananas are chilled, dip in the fritter batter and let the excess batter drip off and then fry at 350 degrees until golden brown. When cooked drain on a paper towel and dust with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Plate and drizzle with agave and serve immediately.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment