EAT

EAT

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Something Good... Vegetable Pot Pie.




I've been craving pot pie but I haven't been craving the thick crust that comes with it. I was thinking of what I could do and it hit me, I could use wheat tortillas. It was just what I had a taste for. It worked so great I'm thinking of making a lasagna the same way. 








Vegetable Pot Pie


1 Tablespoon oil

1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons wheat flour
1/2 cup rice dairy milk
1 1/3 cups vegetable stock
1 large potato, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup brussel sprouts
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup yellow squash, diced
1/2 Tablespoon chili paste
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 wheat flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat oil in a saucepan and saute onions, celery and garlic until soft. Stir in the flour and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in the rice milk, stock and cook until thick and bubbly. Add vegetables, chili paste, and salt & pepper and simmer for a few minutes. Lightly grease pie pan with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in bottom, cut second tortilla into strips and place around side. Pour vegetable mix into the "crust" and top with third tortilla. Bake for 25 minutes or until the "crust" is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment