EAT

EAT

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quick Meal... Stir Fry.

The Grudge 3 is on T.V. tonight and it made me want Asian food. I had some veggies in my fridge I've been needing to use, so stir fry came to mind. I bought some Asian chili paste at the store today for a recipe I saw on Top Chef. I'll be doing that recipe tomorrow, but I've never used chili paste before so I used it in this recipe to try out. The chili paste really went great with the tofu. This is another recipe with marinaded tofu. I used a Asian marinade this time and it turned out amazing.



Stir Fry

15 brussel sprouts, cut in half
1/2 package tofu, pressed, cubed and marinaded*
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1/2 medium onion, sliced
15 button mushrooms, cut in half
1 6oz can of Mexican corn, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 head of broccoli including stock, chopped
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon hot chili paste
2 Tablespoon soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup brown rice, steamed



In pan heat oil. Add carrots, brussel sprouts, onions, garlic, and broccoli. When vegetables are tender, add soy sauce, chili paste and corn. Add tofu and mushrooms, cook till brown, salt and pepper mixer to taste. Plate steamed rice and spoon stir fry over top.


* Spicy Asian Marinade

3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine 
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon hot chili paste
1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Add cubed tofu. Stir till all the pieces are covered. Let tofu sit in fridge for at least 2 hours.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment