EAT

EAT

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Need Some... Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.



I needed something sweet and cookies sounded great. I just got my copy of "Vegan Cookies Invade your Cookie Jar", it's an awesome book. I'm still waiting on "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" to come in the mail, and I'll be doing plenty of baking from both. For now though this is just a great recipe I've used before. I made these for Thanksgiving last year but their great all the time.



 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup soy yogurt (vanilla)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
 
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the soy yogurt, then stir in the pumpkin and vanilla. In another bowl combine the flour and dry ingredients. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until light brown or toothpick comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment