EAT

EAT

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Hate Work So It's... Taco Night.

Work is really getting to me, I'm getting tired of it and the people. Tonight I was in the mood for Tacos, and I had some TVP laying around so here is my recipe for TVP tacos. I'm not in the talking mood so right to the recipe.


Tacos

12 wheat flour tortillas
2 cups dry TVP
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 packet vegan taco seasoning
1 cup rice cheese shredded, to top tacos
1 medium onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 large carrot, chopped

spinach and tomatoes, chopped to top tacos
1 lime, cut into sections

Rehydrate the TVP by mixing with just less than 2 cups of boiling water in a bowl and letting it sit 5-10 minutes until the water is absorbed. Prepare the tortillas however you like. Add the oil, vegetables, rehydrated TVP, soy sauce, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup of water to a pan over medium heat; stir occasionally until the water is absorbed. Cook till vegetables are soft and TVP is brown. Add cooked mixer to wheat tortillas and top with rice cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Add lime juice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment