EAT

EAT

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lazy cooking day... Potato Salad.

I'm feeling sleepy today so I'll be passing on a lazy potato salad recipe. Just like yesterday I was inspired by my trip to Fresh Cafe for this recipe. I have always been a potato salad junkie and here in the south it's a food that is always around. This healthy choice is a fantastic alternative to its fatty counterpart.



Potato Salad with Lemon & Cumin

1 lb baby potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 Tablespoon cumin seeds
1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
juice of 1 large lemon
small handful of parsley, chopped
kosher salt & pepper


Scrub and rinse potatoes, cutting any large ones in half or quarters. Boil in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat olive oil until hot. Add in cumin seeds and red onion over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Pour oil mixture over drained potatoes, add lemon juice, sprinkle with a good amount of freshly ground pepper and kosher salt, throw in the parsley, and toss gently to coat. Serve warm or cold. I prefer it cold, potato salad is always better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment