EAT

EAT

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Comfort Food... Corn Dogs.

When ever I think of corn dogs a great feeling of joy comes over me. I used to beg my Mom to make them for me when I was young. Really any food on a stick is a great idea and corn dogs are one of the greatest. Usually they are deep fried, but with health in mind this is a recipe for baked corn dogs. You can use any vegan hot dogs for the inside that you like. I'll be using some sausages that I made. I will put the recipe for them on here some other time.
 

Corn Dogs
  
6 whole sausage dogs  
2/3 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour 
1 tsp baking powder 
1/2  teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon paprika 
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 
1 teaspoon egg replacer 
2/3 cup rice milk 
1 Tablespoon cane sugar


Preheat oven to 450 F. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside. Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, spices, pepper, ener-g-egg replacer, 1/3 cup rice milk and sugar together in a medium bowl. Slowly add additional rice milk until the mixture is wet and can be worked with. Make sure it's not too soupy or dry and doughy.  Dip each dog into the cornmeal mixture, making sure its evenly coated. Then place on the prepared cookie sheet, moving the coating around as necessary to ensure it's evenly coated. Baked for 10-15 minutes until golden and a little crisp.


No comments:

Post a Comment