EAT

EAT

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Left Over... Candy Corn Bark.

Happy Vegan Month Of Food. 11/01 was world vegan day, sorry I missed it but work has been taking up all my time. I had so much of that awesome candy corn left over that I thought I'd find something to do with it. I've been wanting to make yellow corn brittle for awhile now but just haven't gotten around to it so here is a candy version: candy corn bark. I had a little vegan white chocolate left so this is a recipe of left overs and it's so tasty. 





Candy Corn Bark

3 cups vegan white chocolate chips
1 cup candy corn
orange food coloring

Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil. In separate bowls, melt the chocolates in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir 1/2 cup candy corn into the 1/2 of chocolate, and pour the chocolate onto the foiled pan. Using a spatula, smooth the chocolate out in an even layer. It does not have to cover the whole pan. Add a few drops of food coloring to chocolate and use toothpick to swirl color into chocolate. Place the remaining ½ cup candy corn over the wet chocolate, sprinkling randomly and pressing them gently into the chocolate until they adhere. Put the chocolate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden. When the bark is firm, remove it from the foil and break it into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment