EAT

EAT

Friday, October 8, 2010

Forget You KFC... Grilled Double Down.

The KFC double down is the over the top double meaty sandwich with two chicken breasts as the bun and bacon, cheese and Colonel's Sauce in the middle. When I was a meat-eater I would of eaten a million of them, but now no way. I've been wanting to make a vegan version ever since the first time I saw it. Today was the day I went for it and this is what I came up with. You can get the double down in Original Recipe or Grilled, and I made this version grilled. It was so good, I had to add a side of sweet potato fries.

                       
                Real
              
 


                   
             Vegan






Grilled Double Down

2 Gardein chicken scallopini patties
2 strips Smart Bacon
2 slices of rice pepperjack cheese
spicy western mustard (instead of Colonel sauce)

Cook everything and assemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment