EAT

EAT

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Man, That Looks Good... Squash Pasta With Mushroom Sauce.

I've slowed down on posting not by choice but because my camera on my phone isn't really working. I finally got a new App that seems to work but I'll have to just take it day by day. I kinda like the retro look of the pictures, it might work out. That being said, since it's October I wanted to use a squash in this recipe so I thought spaghetti squash pasta would be great. It turned out better than the last time I tried to use a spaghetti squash so I'm very happy with this recipe.  

Squash Pasta With Mushroom Sauce

1 2 lb. spaghetti squash

Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Bake cut side down in baking pan containing small amount of water. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. After cooking, pull strands free with a fork to make spaghetti. Toss with small amount of butter and season to taste.



Mushroom Pasta Sauce

6 tomatoes
15 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, diced
3/4 cup vegetable broth
3 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh basil, parley, & oregano
salt & pepper to taste

Heat oil, then add garlic, onion and mushrooms. Cook five minutes. Deglaze pot with vegetable broth.
Boil. Add tomatoes and herbs. Salt & pepper, bring to a simmer. Coat squash pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment