EAT

EAT

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Five... Stuffing.

Hey everyone, I'm just coming off of a five day fast and I'm feeling amazing. Fasting is a great way to clear your mind and get rid of some of the toxins our bodies store. I have a back log of recipes to post but they are all great and this is one of them. I've been eating stuffing a lot lately and this is a recipe I put together and it turned out delicious. This stuffing is great on its own or used as the stuffing in any other recipe. I've been feeling really crafty lately too, I'm trying my hand at making plug earrings. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.







Apple Chestnut Stuffing

6-7 Cups diced bread cubes
3 Tablespoon Earth balance
1 Cup onion, chopped
1 1/2 Cups celery, sliced thin
1 Cup carrots, chopped
1/2 Cup parsley, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon vegan poultry seasoning (optional)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Cup roasted chestnuts, chopped
1/4 Cup roasted chestnuts, whole
1 medium apple, chopped
5 leaves fresh sage, chopped
1 1/4 Cups vegetable broth
2 links Vegan Sausage, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) Field Roast Grain Meat Co. brand



Slice bread into small cubes. Set aside. Prepare the diced vegan sausage by sauteing in a skillet until the bits become browned and a bit crispy on the outside. Set Aside. In a medium soup pan, turn heat on med-high, and melt in the Earth balance. Add the celery, carrots, onion, parsley and poultry seasoning. Saute until tender. Add in the black pepper, chestnuts, apple and 1/2 of your sage. Saute until tender. Add in the remaining ingredients: walnuts and your veggie broth. Let
simmer for a few seconds and go grab your bread. Fold in your bread cubes. You may need to add more or less bread cubes depending on the dryness of your bread. Fold in your sausage bits and last bits of fresh sage. In a large casserole dish, bake at least 20-25 minutes at 400
degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment