EAT

EAT

Monday, February 28, 2011

Have To Make... Frozen Banana Bites.

I've had bananas for awhile now and have to do something with them. I'm still not a big fan of just always making banana bread when you have a surplus of bananas (I will be making banana muffins though. That recipe will be up soon.). This is a super fast recipe for the nights when you can't go to bed without a snack. If you let these bites freeze all the way the bananas taste just like vanilla ice cream. Just a tip I thought I'd share for those of you who might miss dairy. Also I didn't have any coconut on hand like the recipe calls for so I topped with some powdered sugar.
 



Frozen Banana Bites


2 large bananas
1/4 Cup vegan chocolate chips
1/3 Cup peanut butter
Unsweetened coconut flakes, for topping

Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of wax paper on it. Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks.
Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth. Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the wax paper. Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment